Edward Benjamin

My name is Edward Benjamin, I was born and raised in West Long Branch New Jersey, a very small town near the ocean in Monmouth County. I currently live in Brooklyn in an apartment underneath my sister, brother-in-law, and two nieces.  I went to a Jewish private school for most of my life, although for middle school I attended public school. I am not sure what I want to do for a career, I am interested in many different fields including marketing, psychology, history, and management. If i had to pick one profession I would probably choose to be a teacher, but it will probably change by the time I am done writing this. This semester I am studying Business Law, Sociology, Psychology of Motivation, and Microeconomics . As of now, I think I want to major in IO Psychology because I really enjoy learning about psychology and I like applying the things I learn about to real situations. I am actually really happy to be out of the Arts of New York City Seminar because I am not much of an art person, and I really am interested in human behavior. I hope to get a lot from this class, specifically the ability to understand what creates different perceptions of the world amongst different communities and cultures, and to be able to identify them. I belong to a very tight knit community and I also want to be able to understand the dynamics and nuances that give it it’s unique aura.574667_117448858416099_900812888_n

This is me and my great aunt who lives in Israel where I studied abroad for a year after high school.