The Art of the Brick

taipei-1

Last year, I was exposed to one of the most fascinating art forms I have ever seen: The art of The Brick.

This form of art, created by Nathan Sawaya in 2002, includes a variety of 3D sculptures and large portraits that are built of regular LEGO bricks in a very irregular way. When I attended the exhibition in NYC, I was really surprised to discover enormous structures, (some as large as a real human and some even larger), that are so impressive and attractive, yet they are made of something so simple that usually people don’t even tend to view as art.

In the exhibition, both kids and adults were very excited and impressed by this form of LEGO art. It was a very inspirational experience that taught us that with dedication and creativity, everything is possible.

Personally, this exhibition really changed my view of art. I realized that art could range from the most basic thing to the most complex- and it would still be beautiful and unique. I absolutely enjoyed it, and I would really recommend for everyone to attend whenever there is another exhibition in NY! (There are exhibition all over the world, actually.)

Here are pictures of some of the most impressive structures:

20131224_12185220131224_121905     20131224_121439_Richtone(HDR)