Hi everyone,

I hope that those of you who went on the Gallery crawl today enjoyed yourselves, despite the soggy weather!

A reminder that the mapping component of your first two blog posts is also due by this Sunday evening. This includes a minimum of three markers: your lion, a gallery visit, and public art. Also a reminder that your marker should include photos and a description. In your description, you do not have to be as thorough as you do in the full blog post. However, you should describe concisely a bit of what you saw and what your impression was. Try to avoid generalizations or vague descriptions that leave the reader wanting to know more. For example, if you write “this was totally different than what I was expecting,” you should explain why it was different or what you were expecting. Markers are meant to be informal writing, but they should not leave a reader wondering what you meant.

A couple more points:

• If you need a Maps Marker skills refresher, see the tutorial.
  • Be sure to assign all your markers both to your own personal layer (the one with your last name) as well as the assignment specific layer (Lions, Galleries, or Public Art).
  • You should only be creating one layer, which is the one that has your last name (most of you have already done this, but 5 of you still have not). All other layers will be created by me or Prof. Kolb. You are creating markers, not layers.
  • I am out of town this weekend and will only have sporadic access to email. So if you need help with Maps Marker you should contact me before the weekend, and only after reviewing the tutorial. I won’t necessarily be able to troubleshoot with you during the weekend.

-Jake