definitely in love (hint: Not a stripper)

01 Accidentally in Love <<–listen to this while reading, por favor 😀 It might have skips because the Shrek CD was scratched, but we can’t have everything now, can we?….. ¡¿Can we?! *gasp*

SO hey, hi there. I’m super inspired to write right now, but I’m typing my blog in my email inbox first and then publishing it tomorrow, becaaaaaauuuuse my blog is on a protest-y black-out thing against that whole SOPA idiocy. In reality, I don’t actually know what’s going on, but I have smart friends, so I pretend to fit in.

Totally speaking of which, I just skyped my dear friend, Andy, who is in Shanghai until tomorrow. He just learned chinese there for three weeks and got a really high grade on his finalllll….. and I’m super proud of him. Logroño-Shanghai skypefest for the win! He showed me what it looks like outside his window and I was like, *gasp* “SHANGHAI!” as if buildings really look that different in other cities. because all I saw was this—————————->>

ALSO I HAD MY FIRST CHINESE-GERMAN LANGUAGE EXCHANGE TODAY. It was with two chicas from my class. Muy amable. I had a lot of fun with them and we’re gonna do it for an hour every week until they leave in march.
Then I went to go study some Spanish downstairs in the residencia. It went well. I did my homework, saw some friends, and communicated with cocky English guy. (Still not sure I like him, although I fed him the candy my grandma sent as if he was on the same level of awesome as the others. Go figure.) Then my friend Natalie “llamada perdida”-ed me (which means she called and I didn’t pick up, so it wouldn’t cost anyone anything. However, the call itself served the purpose of alerting me of something we’d previously discussed; she wanted me to come to her room to do the homework), and so I came upstairs.

I am aware that the writing is the wrong way around, but let's face it, you know what the book cover says, and you can't read it because it's in Spanish. Also, I look better this way around and I'm wearing earrings. Look! 😀

The result of this giggly study sesh is to the left. We learned stuff about conditional sentences, and also, I decided what I love. I made a list. On my Spanish homework. Which my teacher (who understands enough English) is going to read. It goes like this:
I’m in love with:
The roof of San Pau in Barcelona
Nietzsche
Sirius Black
Earl Gray tea
Portuguese Accents in Spanish
It’s definitely not complete, but I will work on it. Every time I say “I’m in love with…”, I will record it.
In other news, I went to the gym again, today. It was just as epically fun as yesterday, and I shall do the same tomorrow. Kelly and I have decided to go every day after class, now that she has an abono (ummm… whatchamacallit in English??? uhhhh….. Thanks to my lovely NY friend, Thalia, I have a word here that means basically the same thing: membership. Geez. Tooth efficiently pulled.). So, now that she has a MEMBERSHIP, she can come with me and I can not be alone.
New Years’ goals usually fail, but not if they’re goal goals, like being vegan (go willpower!), or making the gym into a habit.
Woo us! I would feel really healthy if my grandmother hadn’t sent me every piece of candy her apartment could offer a poor, starved, vegan grandchild who is wasting away in Spain’s desert regions (all of them).
Much love,
Julia

P.S. Speaking of New Years’, I’m going to a Chinese New Year’s “party” on Sunday. At a WOK, in Logroño. SO fake. But with real Chinese people. And I’ll say at least five chinese words. Ni Hao, and Wo Ai Ni 😀 (excuse the lack of accents. It’s 5:11 in the morning and I’m tired) Anyway, stop reading. This is a postscript. The important stuff is over… o.o

About Julia

I'm studying abroad in Spain, but am supposed to be a Macaulay at City sophomore in the International Studies program. I love my life!
This entry was posted in Spain and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.