Category Archives: Uncategorized

Allo!

I’m Jacob Krinsky, and I’m twenty years old. I’m from Teaneck, NJ, but now I have an apartment in Washington Heights, which I share with two other guys.
For now my major is math, because I think it will make look smart. I’m hope to work in money-making one day.
I have three older brother, and people tell me I look like all of them.
I don’t have facebook or twitter, or any other kind of social network stuff. I only got texting last year, and I hate smartphones (except when I’m borrowing someone else’s)I’m pretty old fashioned that way.
I spent a year studying in Israel before I started college, which was awesome.
If you can read this, you don’t need your glasses.
The beard is an experiment, so please feel free to share your thoughts. Nothing that you say will be the most ridiculous thing that has been said, trust me.
I think I will learn more about New York city from this course, especially because I’m not a born New Yorker. More than that, I’m a Boston sports fan, which has gotten me into trouble in these parts in the past.

A Brief Introduction to Ariella!

Hi everyone! My name is Ariella Trotsenko and I am one of your fellow classmates here at  Baruch! I was born and raised in a very Russian home in the heart of Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn. If it’s still not obvious, I am Russian.

I came to Baruch because I knew I wanted to pursue a major in business ever since I was 7 years old. I wanted to stay local and I knew Baruch was one of the great schools in NYC to go to for passionate business students like myself. While I’m not fully decided on my major, I am  inclining towards Marketing and Advertising. I believe that I am creative and possess strong communication skills. I hope to make the most out of my experience here at Baruch as well the Macaulay Honors College. I hope to learn more about my city by the end of this semester so that I can show off how smart I am to my parents friends.

I love to keep myself active and do a lot of activities. I love my house but I love going out with my friends way more.  I hate staying home and try to go out as often as I can. Some of my hobbies include swimming, cooking, traveling, shopping (duh!) and more importantly, since it’s winter, skiing! I am also a die-hard Techno and EDM fan (Electronic Dance Music). A lot of people will judge me for that but feel free to talk to me about EDM and festivals and I’m sure I’ll quickly change your mind.

I hope to learn more about each and everyone of you very soon!

Me and the Parental Units (I get it from my mama)

My Introduction

Photo on 1-27-14 at 10.52 PM

Hi everyone. My name is Shixu Zheng. You can call me Ryan if you want. I want to be a actuarial scientist because I could get much fun from analyzing and calculating. I have taken anthropology last semester which I believe was a very interesting subject that developed my thoughtfulness about humanity and all kinds of ideologies that people take as granted.  People of New York would  be another awesome class for me because I can apply my previously learned knowledge into the fieldwork project we are going to conduct and deepen my understanding of the subject of people or human. I live in Flushing and I can feel that this Asian neighborhood is able to change the people here, including me. As for my hobbit, I love everything; I attend a weekly salon with all kinds of topics such as architecture, bartending, entrepreneurship, history, and city development. I like to explore everything that would enrich my thought and knowledge.

Below is a link to a video about making coffee that interests me:

How to Make a Cappuccino