Guggenheim Museum

Guggenheim_Wang_Jianwei images

This was my favorite outing to have gone to since the start of this class. Its so sad that its ending already I’m used to being in class with the same people the entire school year not just half of it. Its alright because these memories stay with us for years. My tour guide was very helpful by offering us answers like, “I don’t know either”, “it could very well be”. This may not seem like the answer you were looking for but it was really inspirational. The fact that it was completely up to our representation of what made it the art that was exhibited. We were also told that Jianwei did not come into the museum with pre made pieces of art rather, he created it there tirelessly around the room itself. He even incorporated certain details like the blue line that went through the room into his art work. The yellow and green painting there was a microscopic representation of a cell with very geometric shapes, it struck me that this artist is actually very well educated and meticulous about his art projects. I also asked why he had rubber placed on some of the pieces of wood when others didn’t. I came to a conclusion that it was the blend between nature and artificiality much like the guggenheim itself. Its meant to adapt by blending in with its surroundings. It can be argued that this is the same reason why he places steel coiled on some of the wood, and rubber underneath some of the wood. It doesn’t matter where the pieces are arranged but  how they blend into the environment. Overall, it was a really inspiring idea to me, i might be wrong but no one can claim to know