Complexions

The little desolate theater known as the Joyce Theater managed to get me to walk through the howling bitter cold wind, just to watch a cliche ballet. It was completely worth it. It was engaging, fun, elaborate and sensational. The dancers physique was graceful and sturdy. I myself enjoy going to the gym as often as i can. However, the kind of flexibility and muscle that these performers had to acquire is truly inspirational. While i am on the topic of physical attributes, the odd thing about this display was how often the dancers changed their body’s direction. It gave the audience views from all orientations. It wasn’t one conformed performance that one can see every christmas season. No it was free and contemporary and that was what i think people wanted to see now. The underlying engager during the performance was the music. It started slow and naturally graceful and ended up reaching an upbeat, fast and aggressive tone that was very empowering helping deliver the message of the dance theme. The emotional experience is exacerbated by the music and the performers wanted you to feel the theme in all of its rawness. Its not enough to just focus on the show but on the performers movements and emotions as well. When the audience feels the same emotions that the dancer does, then the dancer can rest knowing the audience has felt the theme.

Overall, this was an unforgettable experience that i will have no regrets for walking through the bitter cold to watch. I plan on returning to watch more modern ballet.