We’ll be using iNaturalist to record observations in our physically distanced 2021 Remote BioBlitz.
- Before you register for the 2021 Macaulay Honors College Remote BioBlitz, create an iNaturalist account. Sign up here for iNaturalist!
- Remember to note your username and password. You’ll need it on the BioBlitz registration form.
- You can use iNaturalist on a desktop and/or on a mobile device. Having the app on your phone will definitely make it easier to make observations. If you plan to upload your observations from a camera rather than your mobile device, make sure you note the location where you took the photo so you can fill in that information.
- iNaturalist has video tutorials available to help you get started. You can find videos on making observations on a mobile device, using their bulk photo uploader, taking better pictures for iNaturalist, getting help with species identification and more!
- Need help? See the slides and videos below, ask a TLC or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn a little more here:
Getting started with observations