Film Event Oct. 24

Click Here to RSVP

Mountainfilm Film Festival Hosted by CUFF Sunday, October 24
September 22, 2010 | Macaulay Honors College

CUFF (City University Film Festival) is pleased to bring Mountainfilm of Telluride, CO, to Macaulay Honors College, CUNY. Deadline for RSVP’s is October 10.

Now in its 32nd year as a film festival, Mountainfilm’s mission is “dedicated to educating and inspiring audiences about issues that matter, cultures worth exploring, environments worth preserving and conversations worth sustaining.”

Two award-winning films from the 2010 Film Festival will be screened, beginning at 5 pm on Sunday, October 24. Sons of Perdition will be shown at 5 pm and I Am at 7 PM. Special guests are Tom Shadyac, Director of I Am, and David Holbrooke, Festival Director of Mountainfilm.

Sons of Perdition, which won the Festival Director’s Award, provides a riveting look at the lives of three “lost boys” who are thrown out of the polygamous Mormon compound where they grew up and where their families remain.

[…]

By the director of such blockbuster films as Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, Bruce Almighty and Evan Almighty, the autobiographical documentary I Am is Tom Shadyac’s (at right) own story about what it means to have achieved the wealth and recognition of the American Dream only to discover that it left him penniless in a spiritual sense. The film’s tag line sums it up this way: “The shift is about to hit the fan.”

[…]

Mountainfilm at Macaulay is open to the public but requires RSVPs by October 10.

A reception will follow the Q & A with Tom Shadyac.

This entry was posted in Lee Quinby, September, September 21, September 28 and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Film Event Oct. 24

1. jonrossi says:

I wish I could make it, as the event sounds wonderful. Alas, I’ll be in Missouri that week for a conference. Hopefully there won’t be anything interfering with my attendance at the next such event!