Throughout the semester, we engaged in several events, projects, and assignments.  There were some that I found interesting and meaningful while others I felt like it wasn’t very useful or well integrated into the class.  The Bio Blitz was a good opportunity to work with the other Macaulay students from the different campuses and enjoy nature, which most of us don’t really have the time for anymore.  However, the Bio Blitz report that we had to do with the data that was collected from our Bio Blitz felt random in the context of our course at the time and I felt like it interrupted the flow of the course.  I think it was good to challenge us to somehow interpret the large amounts of data and display it, but in the end I don’t think it wasn’t helpful outside of the Bio Blitz.

I enjoyed the 3-D printing health care innovation project.  If it weren’t for this class, I wouldn’t have been introduced to designing on the Tinker cad website or 3-D printing, which is a widely-used technology in a variety of industries today.  I’ve always been fascinated by 3-D printing so I appreciated the workshops we had and the actual demonstration of a 3-D printer at work.  I also thought that the STEAM Festival was a good experience.  I enjoyed seeing other Macaulay students’ works and posters that they worked hard on throughout this semester.  It was also nice to have others talking to me and group about our project and it was clear that many people were genuinely interested in our design.

Overall, I liked the many different things we got to experience in this IDC course.  It was an array of activities and projects that made this class interesting.  I also enjoyed the two labs we did at the end of the semester where we had the opportunity to do some hands-on experiments.  It was a nice way to wrap up the semester in which we experienced technology and chemistry.