As a student coming from a science focused high school, I thought this semester’s seminar class would be relatively similar to the science courses offered there. My expectations were to learn about specific scientific discoveries, experiments, and thinking that impacted New York City. I expected to learn about a lot of scientific theory and discoveries from a textbook, but it was much more than that. This Macaulay seminar was extremely hands-on which I really appreciated. My favorite part was learning how to use a 3D printer. With today’s constant evolving technology, learning how to do 3D design and actually doing it was extremely educational for me. I also loved the biodiversity research project. It was amazing to see an entire school come together to collect data that we would all use to present. Science is also ten times more interesting and engaging when your hands get dirty to actually make, test, or discover things and that is exactly what we did. It was difficult, however, trying to find trend in the data to talk about. Though it was challenging, it was also extremely ambiguous which I really appreciated. I also really appreciated the mini lab demonstrations by Dr. Greer to show how magical science can be!