Response to Chin “Moving On”

The devastating effects of September 11 on women were astounding. The women went from earning $300 a week, to a government given $150 a week after their places of work were shut down. I’d also like to know why it was harder for women to find access relief funds than men. The chain reaction that followed with the garment workers and their homes is unfortunate, especially since they resulted in health concerns due to stress and anxiety.

Another point that I found interesting was that teenage and college aged children had to help their parents pay the bills and mortgages. However, the line that says, “In another, a working age child rented a floor of his house to his parents for only $200 a month” kind of made me think, “huh?” because if my parents were put through a huge loss as a result of such a disaster, I would let them take my master bedroom for free. But maybe that’s just a filipino thing because my mom and my siblings lived with my grandparents for eight years free of charge so that we could save up for five children’s college tuition.