Response to New York vs Los Angeles

I thought it was interesting that the immigrants that are coming to the US now and not coming for jobs and higher wages than they would have in their home country. The article said more people are coming for things like better education for their children. It was surprising to me because the impression I get is that it is still money that drives a lot of immigration. However, it is cool how immigrants that came to the US in 2010 helped get California out of recession. Facts like that make immigration seem if not essential to the US economy, then at least very helpful. It is true that investment in US real estate shows how immigrants are interested in staying in US, and I think the fact that immigrants who are coming in have money to invest is beneficial to the economy. It seems like a great exchange: people who come to the US looking get whatever they’re looking for and also bring their skills and possibly wealth to benefit the US. Both parties benefit. The fact that a lot of Chinese people are now taking governmental positions shows how these people are definitely not those who come to US to just look for work, but they live in the US and are making this country their own. Some neighborhoods with a Chinese majority are home to recent immigrants and others to those who are well established, but the choice is there for people, they can choose which neighborhood to live in depending on whether they want a city life or want to move to the suburbs eventually.