American Journey

For the most part I really disliked the production of the film itself. It was literally painful to watch a film that was 75% blurred throughout the journey in Robert Franks footsteps. I guess it most likely was done on purpose, but it just doesn’t seem worth doing in a logical sense. I think that sole aspect alone would turn away many viewers.

There was one thing that stood out to me, and stuck with me throughout the film however. That one scene where it was stated that both passion and purpose are necessary. One cannot exist without the other, it just doesn’t work that way. Well, those are my short thoughts about that film.

~Pun

2 thoughts on “American Journey

1. O.K., Pun, you survived a tough screening & informed us that you really disliked the movie. Fine. You got it off your chest.

Now, tell us #1) What was the documentary about?
    2#) What was is specifically that made the film so annoyingly uninteresting to you? (besides being “75% blurred”)

2. #1) The documentary was about a man who followed in the footsteps of Robert Frank, and the journey he took in order to compile the pictures he chose to use in his book, “The Americans”. He found the locations in which many of the photographs were taken, and compared the picture side by side with the actual location itself. And along the way he talked with and interviewed people who were involved in the process, and some who may have actually been in a photo itself.
    #2) I didn’t say that the content of the film was uninteresting, I only disliked the way it was produced. Although I didn’t enjoy the production quality, I did however find the documentary interesting, getting to see how the pictures looked when Robert Frank took them, as compared to the location now. I thought it was interesting how simply adding the word “The” to the title could change the entire attitude of the book. It provides not only a perspective how others may perceive us as “The Americans”, as well as how we perceive ourselves as Americans.