Quick Encounters

This picture represents New York City for me. It’s a tough city to live in undoubtedly. Sometimes it feels like everyone is in a rush and the attitudes can be unwelcoming. In the middle of all the rush though, you can always find some form of entertainment. On this day, when this woman was charging for card readings in Union Square. I asked her if she minded if I took some pictures of her and she said it would be fine. Just when I started clicking away, this man walked up to her so kindly and handed her some money, and she held his hand while he thanked her so sweetly, for what I’m not sure since he hadn’t gotten a card reading and she was in the middle of one at that moment. But that encounter seemed to add to both of their days. Her whole demeanor changed when he came and it honestly seemed like something great had just happened and I was glad to capture it. Afterwards he went on with his day as did she. But I love that moments like these can happen between strangers in the middle of everything. I feel like this can only ever happen here in New York City.