Wasteland Reaction

In the beginning of the film, I was expecting the photographer to go to a looked-down-apon place where people use illegal drugs and have terrible working conditions. However, when I saw people saying that they are proud of their jobs, I was surprised. They seemed like regular people living close to poverty. The “wasteland” had quite a number of happy people. It was no challenge for the photographer to entice them to make art. It was cool how recyclable materials were turned int a photo. When the photos went to an auction, I thought the auctioneer was going to say 10 pounds, but he continued to say 10,000 pounds. I guess the photographer went all the way to England to make a good profit, and it got the workers in the “wasteland” excited. Like Professor Drabik said, there are such crazy people that do these crazy things and luckily we have crazy people who give us the opportunity to find out about these crazy events.

One thought on “Wasteland Reaction

1. Hi Adrian,
    I too took notice of how happy the collectors were with their work. I found it very surprising, but endearing as well. It speaks to the strength of their characters that they can find such joy in the labor that everyone else so readily dismisses.