Zero Tolerance Exhibition Reaction

The “Zero Tolerance” exhibit at MOMA PS1 was the best museum exhibition I have ever been to. It kept you engaged throughout with entertaining and vivid photographs or videos. I thought the videos were particularly appealing because they showed the emotion that the protesters felt. I did not know about many of these protests before visiting the exhibit, but they did a great job of explaining each situation and why the individuals were protesting. This exhibit really interested me because of what is currently going on in Ferguson, Missouri. When we visited the museum, the decision had not come down on whether Officer Wilson would be indicted or not, but I knew that no matter what the decision was there would be significant protests and possibly riots. I thought something the exhibit should have touched on or would have been nice to see, especially with the situation in Ferguson, would have been the differences between protests and riots. One thing that makes the situation so sad in Ferguson is the fact that many of the gathering have not been peaceful, but instead have been violent riots, resulting in damage to businesses and people that are unrelated to the Michael Brown shooting. Many of the incidents throughout “Zero Tolerance” involved peaceful protests with the traditional signs and rallies, but they did include riots or incidences that included violence. However, they did not discuss, which forms were more successful, which I think would have been interesting.