Daniel Kelly’s Visit

I truly admire, with a hint of envy, the level Daniel Kelly is pertaining his passion. He is at a point where he has enough mastery of a specific skill (in his case the piano) that he can create unique art. This is seen through the type of music he is creating. He chooses to represent the overall theme of culture and exude specific themes from specific cultures through his music. He speaks very highly of his craft and even to a person with very little understanding of music, I somehow could tell that Daniel Kelly knows what he is talking about. In essence, he knows what he is truly about.

This is a level of passion and skill that I hope to achieve one day, both in my martial arts and in my field of computer engineering. I place Daniel Kelly on level with Munoz. Both are incredibly talented artists. Both have acquired a certain level mastery that each could dive into a unique, artistic passion. Both choose to represent the idea of culture, to represent the unrepresented.

One thought on “Daniel Kelly’s Visit

1. I agree with you completely!
    Daniel Kelly radiated a kind of passion towards music during his visit. He is absolutely in love with what he does, his music essentially represents him. Music gives Kelly an elated state of being, it makes him the happiest person alive. I envy him, as well. It is wonderful to have a passion such as music and to be able to pursue it and give into it completely because as it is evident by Kelly’s example, doing what you love brings happiness. I liked how he said “Do what you love!” It is a bit cliche, but deep down it is the core of our being. I hope that all of us can find our passion and give into it wholly! 🙂