ICP – Sebastião Salgado: Genesis

I’m extremely glad that we switched our exhibition to the ICP, because Salgado’s photography has shown me an entirely new meaning to how powerful one photo, or in his case, over 200 photos can be. Salgado captures a collection of images that shows us a perspective of nature, animals, and indigenous peoples that we would never have even dreamt of seeing with our own eyes, even though everything he has captured is present at this very moment. There were countless photos where it makes you wonder how in the world was he able to take a photo from an angle like that? But I discovered that in order take many of his photos, he travelled by light aircraft, seagoing vessels, canoes, and balloons, which I think that in it of itself is pretty amazing. The compilation of his Genesis project took 8 years to capture and select the photos displayed at the ICP now and so many of them are simply just breathtaking.

I truly recommend you guys to stop by the ICP before Salgado’s exhibition ends, because it’s really worth seeing the world through a perspective you’ve never seen before. Also, it’s free with your Macaulay Passport!