Mila

Although I did know a lot about the Spanish language prior to starting this project, I did not know much about the Spanish culture. I have always wanted to learn about the Spanish culture and I am so grateful that I got to experience the Spanish culture from Paper Boat Library because it is the epitome of a cultural place. While most bookstores strive to sell as many books as they can, Paper Boat Library has a different purpose. Paper Boat Library serves to better their community and instill a love of the Spanish culture in everyone who walks through their doors. I cannot name any bookstore that are more personal and well-rounded than this one. By doing this project, I got the opportunity to understand multiple aspects of the Spanish culture. I learned about traditional songs by listening to the Latin American musicians that performed at the bookstore.  I understood the importance of reading and storytelling in certain Latin American countries, such as Cuba. I never knew a bookstore can have such an immense effect on their community but Paper Boat Library proved me wrong. This bookstore greatly impacts young kids and influences their future. It is very important for people to have a safe place to express themselves and learn about their culture. Paper Boat Library allows native Spanish speakers, non-Native Spanish speakers, and non-Spanish speakers to come together and  learn about Hispanic books, culture, art, music, and the importance of holidays. Although it is a relatively small bookstore, it makes a very large impact.