Hey, I am Ahmed Farooq

When we step on to that field, it is no joke. We are ready to sacrifice our bodies for the team. We must have a kill-or-be-killed mentality. To my right, Danny, I’ve known him since kindergarten, the elementary bus rides home were jovial, but this is different, this is real. A mistake here means one of our own going down, a mistake here is the difference between winning and losing. Danny and the rest of the team is trusting me to keep the enemy out, I must do this. If the hungry, 250 lb defender gets by me, there is nothing separating him from my quarterbacks blindside; He foams for this opportunity. Because of Football I have brothers, I have trusted and been trusted with the responsibility of looking out for my own. The experience that athletics, and specifically football, has afforded me is unlike any other. The camaraderie that is developed between teammates is awe inspiring. This is why I love sports.

Other than my passion about sports, I feel I am just like everyone else; I can eat till I pass out, whenever I start a new show on netflix that i really like, i watch the entire season in one night, I enjoy learning new things but I find myself annoyed with school whenever I stay up till 3 doing a paper thats due the next day.

Macaulay Honors College was my number one choice of college and I feel very blessed to be here. My favorite part has been meeting and talking to all my amazing new classmates. I look around in my classes and I hear the accomplishments that you all have made and the goals that you are striving for make me think to myself, “how did I end up here?” (in a good way).

The quarterback (white jersey) is being “blindesided” by the defender because number 62 (white jersey on left) failed to do his job

1. msternberg82

Hey Ahmed! I found it really cool that you played on your football team; especially at the aggressive offensive line position. Based off your picture, I was wondering if you were or were not a Jets fan?

Maxwell Sternberg

• Ahmed Farooq

I am actually a giants fan. Since the Jets aren’t too good at football, it was easy to find a picture of their quarterback being laid out. Do you support the Jets?

• msternberg82

I am a Jets fan. Let’s see who’s the best team of New York this year.