Hello, I’m John Casella

Hi everyone, I’m John!

I like to think of myself as a jack of all trades. In high school, I was the president of my graduating class, captain of my cross country, winter track, and spring track teams, Chief Squire of the Columbian Squires, and head sacristan at my church. Some of my favorite memories include breaking the school record in the weight throw during winter track, playing at Carnegie Hall twice with my wind ensemble, and giving a speech during graduation.

Graduation

I have a couple of hobbies in which I tend to be a bit obsessive. My favorite sport is tennis and I plan on trying out for the team at Baruch. I’ve gone to the US Open a couple of times and my favorite player of all time is Roger Federer. My other hobby (more of a guilty pleasure) is reality TV; I absolutely love it, especially competition and strategy based games. Whenever the new season of Survivor or Big Brother begins, you can find me desperately searching for someone who wants to discuss the previously aired episode.

big brother

I am super excited for the next four years and to get to know you all better! The Macaulay Honors College is such a prestigious program and I feel so humbled to join such a diverse and awesome community. This is the just the beginning of a wonderful journey. 🙂

1. ireneyao

Tennis is a really fun sport. I’m not very good at tennis, but maybe we can play sometime!

• johncasella

That would be awesome!