Category Archives: Life in Paris

vogue paris – fashion’s night out

Oh my glob what a night. The plan was loose… we were all going to meet somewhere along Rue Saint-Honoré and figure things out from there. We knew we wanted the souvenir t-shirts. We knew we had to buy magazines to get them. That was about it. I had  an hour or so to kill. I wandered […]

micefa dinner

Go to the Le Vieux Belleville. Don’t think about it, just do it. Done it? Good. Now we can share our wonderful experiences together. This night definitely had some Amelie charm for me. It was Friday the 13th- the last day of our language intensif classes. MICEFA was kind enough to schedule a celebratory dinner […]

journée du patrimoine

Merde what a day. The Journée du Patrimoine happens once a year. It’s a weekend of mayhem during which dozens of private exhibits and historical sites open to the public. We arrived at 8:45am on Saturday to tour Le Palais de L’Élysée– Paris’s version of the White House. It was before opening time and the line […]

boat tour

About a week ago MICEFA paid for us all to go on a boat cruise down the Seine! Not only did we get to see beaucoup de beautiful bridges and monuments, we were each given a ticket for a free crêpe and drink… my first crepe in Paris! My only crêpe in paris! My street has […]

shiiit

I’ve hit a bit of a low point this weekend… nothing too dramatic, I promise. I haven’t been checked into a hospital or had my purse stolen. It’s just that I have no access to my bank account, no cash, no metro tickets, and no internet. Exagerating on the internet a little- Victoria is graciously […]