Man on the Wire: My Reaction

When I watched this movie, my initial reaction was “what..is happening?” They were talking about something that I had no idea what it was, talking about how they are going to die and how this is the end. And I was just really relaxed on my chair thinking…”another exaggeration in a typical documentary film.” However, I realized that as the film went on, I felt like I was actually there myself. It was the first movie in which my back has never touched the chair. I was so tense, so nervous, and so nerve-wracking the whole time, after the film, my neck started to hurt because I was so static the entire time. The fact that I did not know what the movie was about played a big part in my impression.

The most memorable part of the movie was at the end when Philippe was talking about why he did it. Throughout the entire movie, I was asking “why is he doing this? He must be crazy.” However, according to Philippe, there was no why. That was the whole point. To Philippe, it wasn’t because he wanted to do it, he just had to do it. He felt the need to so called “conquer” the top of the world because that is what he does for a living. I can say for sure that, this movie will definitely leave some kind of mark in my mind.