My Memories of 9/11

It was late at night in Busan, South Korea. I am not sure exactly, but what I do know for sure is that it was way past my bedtime. I was thirsty, so I went to the kitchen to grab a cup of water. However, the television was on in the living room and I see my dad all alone, sitting on the couch, quietly looking at the television. “Why..are you here, dad?” I asked. I looked the screen, and I see a tall tower with black smoke coming out. “What is happening….” My dad calmly replied.. “America is under attack.” At that time, I was too young, and to be honest, I did not know what America even was. I was way too tired, I just got my cup of water and went to bed.

When it comes to 9/11, that short moment was the only thing that is still in my mind. Who would have thought that I would immigrate to America three years later? When I immigrated to America and started school here, every year they would talk to the class about the 9/11 and I would just sit there and blank out because not only did I have no idea what it was, it did not affect me at all. However, when I read about it and saw some clips, I realized how tragic this event was and how it changed not only America, but the entire world.