Elyssa Sur-Intro

Hello everyone! I know I’m a bit late to the introduction game but here we go. I’m Elyssa as some of you may already know. I have lived in Seal Beach, California my entire life and decided to venture pretty far from home to the city that never sleeps. I guess you could say in many aspects I’m a typical Cali kid: I love the beach, I listen to reggae music, I’m finding it very hard to live without In n Out burger, and I have been spoiled with amazing weather year round. Despite this I find myself in love with the city and feeling like I definitely made the right decision in coming here. One of the main attractions which had me gravitating towards NYC was the sheer amount of culture in the city and the nightlife. Literally everyday has been a new adventure and I am in love with the music scene. I can listen to almost anything and my playlist is constantly changing but mainly composed of indie, surf rock, surf punk, trap, rap and reggae. I also love photography although I am only amateur at best but the city presents many picturesque scenes, which I am glad to take advantage of. I would love to name my favorite films and bands but being a fairly indecisive and noncommittal person I could never choose. I can list some films I am very fond of though: The Graduate, A Clockwork Orange, 500 Days of Summer, Fight Club, and any Wes Anderson film. I look forward to getting to know all of you as well as the city.

Here’s a song which I have been very into lately:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnNxhP0qsnY

2 thoughts on “Elyssa Sur-Intro

1. Welcome, Elyssa. Glad to see that you’ve joined us. Sail on!
    Best, Prof. Drabik