Le Nozze Di Figaro Reflection

Firstly, The Metropolitan was gorgeous and exuded elegance in every aspect. Secondly, the viewing of the opera was a very enlightening experience. Prior to seeing the Le Nozze de Figaro my expectations were based on clips from movies and television, portrayals that presented opera as being long, sleep inducing performances of loud singers reserved for the bougie and elderly. I’m glad to report that I have been proven wrong. Le Nozze de Figaro has definitely opened my eyes and opera proved itself to be one of the highest forms of art. The amalgamation of drama, orchestration, and vocalization into one cohesive performance is an entirely unique experience. Not only was I amazed at the power and beauty behind the vocalists’ voices, but also the interesting plot also pleasantly surprised me. Even from the viewing lounge I found myself captivated by the complexity of the humorous and romantic plot line set to compositions by Mozart. It was at times confusing but overall very enjoyable. I’ll admit I have discovered a newfound appreciation for opera and may be tempted to see another sometime in the future.