Fall for Dance was great

I enjoyed watching the dancing in Fall for Dance at New York City Center.

The first performance was terrific because all the dancers’ movements corresponded with another and everyone took their turns dancing. During the dance all of them came very close to one another without making any contact, which impressed me. However, the music was bland because it sounded like the same key being played on an organ with a little bit of others occasionally coming in and simple the sequence just repeated. The ballet performances that followed were not very interesting to me other than their manipulation of gravity. The dancers were ready to fall when their partners stopped them just in time. That is not for me. I would probably fall over. Later, two dancers were quite funny when they danced because the man physically showed impulses to come closer to his partner. In the end a person that looked like he worked for City Center stood in front of the curtain, and did some funny dance moves for the audience. I thought he was just fooling around, but later it seems that it was all part of the dance. I found this to be a very unique trick on the audience. After the dance built up in intensity, the dancers took people from the audience onto the stage and dance with them full of energy. It was very entertaining to watch trained, lively dancers dance with unprepared audience members. I wish I could have been chosen to dance with them.

I was so happy we went to this performance.