Maintenance

This is a picture of the 125th St. A,B,C,D subway station. On the left, construction workers overhaul the A,D (express) line. On the right, an uptown C train accelerates out of the station.

Snapshot NYC - Joshua Chu

I chose the subway for its availability to all NYC residents, for the oft-overlooked service it provides to the city. I chose it also as a reminder that life requires maintenance. The subway needs spot checks, spring cleanings, and periodic overhauling to function well. In the same way, living a good life requires preventing decay from taking over.

4 thoughts on “Maintenance

1. How did you take this picture? It looks like two pictures together. If this one picture, show me how you took it because I never noticed a view of the subway station this way before and I’m there almost every day.

2. I love how you did this! Fusing the two photos together was a great idea. It makes you look at the two situations juxtaposed together, and it’s really interesting to see the kind of desolate tracks on the left side contrasted with the fast-paced, high-energy of the speeding train on the right.