Class Portrait

Hey everyone!

So I’ve come up with an idea for the class portrait!

We would shoot two group photos:

The first – everyone will do an artsy pose that comes to mind when they think of art (be as creative as you possibly can)

And the second – everyone will be holding a piece of construction paper listing one word that describes art, one word that describes the city, and one word that describes them – just to cover the whole arts, nyc, and me title of the class

Either Manjekar or I will provide the construction paper & Sharpies (unless someone already has some at home they’d be willing to bring)

Hopefully, we were thinking that we could get the portraits done on Friday around 1pm down at Riverside Park. Could everyone just comment and let me know if that would be a good day and time. If anyone has any other suggestions for the portraits, write that in the comments as well. But remember, we really have a short amount of time to get this done.

Hope you’ll all be excited to do it though!

13 thoughts on “Class Portrait

1. Sophia, that’s fine with me.
    One question though, since you said that you will bring paper and sharpies, we will be doing this part of the picture at the location?
    Can we possibly move the time to 1:30 pm? 1:30 would be more comfortable for me, but I can probably get there at 1 too.
    Finally, can you give us the exact location and address so that we can just meet you there?

2. Yeah, we’ll most likely do it there. As of now I don’t know because you’re the only person that seems to have noticed this. The location would most likely be 125th & Broadway by the river.

3. Hey Sophia I think this is a great idea! Unfortunately on Fridays I’m in class from 1-530 🙁
    Is there any chance that we would be able to take the picture during class on Monday? Maybe it would have to be on campus then, though . . .

4. Hey Sophia. I really like the idea. I’m also okay with the timing. Let’s get this done!

5. I can’t make it on Friday. I think trying to do something in class would be best also.

6. I love the idea, but I think I’ll have to come late (I have class starting at 11, ending around 1:30ish)

7. Thumbs up for the idea!! But I apologize but I won’t be able to do it tomorrow. I say Monday in class

8. I love the idea, but I also can not do it Friday. I would be able to do it over the weekend though!

9. I am fine with Friday, but I believe that it is important to get everyone to come during a time that has natural light. Since it is close to the first day of winter those hours are 8:00 to 4:00, so it will be hard to take a picture when everyone is available during those hours. I think that everyone can try to go to the park in between classes because the professor said that it is really close. We could also do it the easy way and ask the professor for permission to take the photo during class.

10. Professor said no for the in class photo…
    I was thinking that (for the worst case scenario, if and only if we HAVE to come to this plan) we can always go back to the map idea (where everyone takes a photo/selfie at different places in ny and make a gigantic map, like the way we did on the first class)

11. Actually, I take it all back. My class seems cancelled (the professor didn’t show up) so I might be available from now until 4. I’m also free all of saturday.

12. Can we do it before or after class on Monday? I’m sure that it would take a maximum of 15 minutes. Or sometime Tuesday, Maybe like 2? depending when everyone has finals