Raymond Liang

My name is Raymond Liang. I am currently a freshmen at Macaulay Honors College at Hunter College. I am a Computer Science Major on a premed track. However, I am also considering a concentration in bioinformatics since throughout my high school career, I was fascinated by genetics and virology. On the other hand, I am interested in ophthalmology due to the overall importance vision has to our life. Additionally, I would consider myself to be a practical programmer. I have plans to become an ophthalmologist or a geneticist.

I am a first generation Chinese-American. There is something that makes me wonder if I truly am a first generation Chinese-American. My grandmother was born in the United States. However, she moved back to China where she gave birth to my mother. Later on in their lives, my grandmother brought her family over to the Unite States. For the first 10 years of my life, I had lived in Chinatown. After that, I moved to the Lower East Side where I currently reside. Sometimes when I revisit my old neighborhood, I find myself quite surprised to see all the changes.