Hi, I am Vincent Gangemi

Hi everyone! I am Vincent C. Gangemi. I go by Vincent, Vin, Vinny, Vince , or whatever nickname you can think of that is remotely similar to Vincent. I am not going to lie, it is a bit nerve-racking to attempt to post something interesting after reading everyone’s interesting posts.

I graduated from Monsignor Farrell High School in Staten Island, New York. I have lived in Staten Island my entire life. However, I love Manhattan. This, along with the price point, is the main reason I decide to attend Baruch.

I have extensive work experience with political associations. I was an Ignizio for City Council Youth Volunteer Lawn Sign Coordinator during the summer of 2013 and an intern for Congress member Dan Donovan in the summer of 2015.

Further, I have done a broad range of volunteer work. Notably, I was a teacher of Religious Studies at Our Lady Star of the Sea, an elementary school, and a member of the volunteer organizations, the Holy Name Society and Baby Food Pantry.

In High School, I was Captain of my school’s Speech and Debate Team, as well as Editor-in-Chief of my school’s Newspaper. I am undecided as to whether or not I wish to continue pursuing similar activities in college.

Screen Shot 2015-09-02 at 10.24.11 AM

I inserted a picture I took last summer in Washington D.C. of the Lincoln Memorial. Lincoln is my favorite President, and I was super excited to see the memorial in person. Since I was little, I always wanted to visit Washington D.C. However, my parents aren’t history nerds like I am, so I had to wait for what seemed like forever for my uncle to take me.

Finally, I decide to inserted the Rolling Stone’s song “Tumbling Dice.” I can play guitar and electric bass. I would consider myself an intermediate at them because I’ve been playing since I was little but I cannot read notation. I cannot play “Tumbling Dice” on guitar or bass, I just decided to include it because the Rolling Stones is one of my favorite band and I listened to it on the ferry this morning.

1. sabrina

That’s really cool that you are a religion teacher of the elementary school. I have a question, are you a Sunday School teacher or an actual religion teacher?

• Vincent Gangemi

I am (well was) somewhat in the middle. In order to become an “official” member of the church you have to take some classes after school. I taught those classes.