mon packing process

Packing was a hot mess. I started Sunday for a Tuesday morning departure, which might have been ok if packing didn’t also mean cleaning the entire room (so it can be used as a guest room while I’m gone). Oh my gosh what a mess it was. I had clothing strewn everywhere and furniture to trip over every time I crossed the room. I had to sort, fling, move furniture, and pack all at once.

Now let me tell you about my suitcase. My suitcase is very small. I tried to be demure and safe and pack light, and I also gave myself very little time to do it. Do not let this happen to you- give yourself lots of time and without over packing, make sure you have everything you need. It sounds like common sense, but in my rush I completely forgot my camera charger and cord. Big mistake. I also neglected a lot of clothing for lack of space- oh how I wish I had another pair of pants and another coat. It’s not coat season yet but I am living in fear of the first cold snap this fall. I sincerely regret not bringing my other coat.

This is a relatively short post- I can’t speak all-knowingly on wise packing until I get through a few more months. By then I’ll know exactly what I did and didn’t need to bring, like the American power strip that made a loud pop and tripped the breaker when I plugged it into my power adaptor. Just take it nice and easy and plug in one thing at a time. Ok I think that’s it for now. More later on.

What I was actually doing Sunday night…

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *
*
*