International Center of Photography: “Remembering 9/11”

As soon as you walk down the stairs to the “Remembering 9/11” exhibit, you are hit in the face with emotions. The floor-to-ceiling projections displayed on the walls of the horrific pictures from that tragic day are shocking. Seeing the kinds of objects that were burned and destroyed was astonishing, ranging from a child’s doll to a fire truck. As you slide along the walls of the exhibition in the pin-drop silence, you see the faces of family members grieving their lost ones, firefighters standing on several stories of rubble, and how the World Trade Center site changed during the months after the attacks.

One thought on “International Center of Photography: “Remembering 9/11”

1. 9/11 was a very tragic day for many people. I will never forget the stories my dad has told me about that day. He was in the vicinity of the World Trade Center on the day and was a witness to the event. This exhibit seems like a very moving memorial of that mournful day. I am interested to see if there are any heroic stories of firefighters represented in the exhibit. I cannot imagine the bravery required to do the things that they did. They put their own lives on the line to save others…