Achen’s Creative Project 1

CREATIVE PROJECT

The inspiration of the designs: Edwin Booth by John Singer Sargent

Design 3

Design 3 Adobe Photoshop

Design 2

Design 2 Pencil Drawing

Design 1

Design 1 Photograph

1. Chris Angelidis

Anthony, your pose and facial expression convey the same pensiveness as found Sargent’s work. When I look at both subjects, I cant help but ask myself what is he thinking about. I really enjoyed the different medium you used in each of your variations. Each could stand on its own, but all connect back to that central demeanor found in Sargent’s work. Your first variation impressed me the most because of how well you merged the two layers of a presumably independently taken back ground and foreground. The highly contrasted and saturated subject fits in well with the painting of bamboo in the background. The background brings to mind the Japanese ink prints which influenced Sargent throughout his works.

2. ashleyskaria

I enjoyed your modern take on the original painting. In the original, the man seems slightly aloof which you captured well in your own variations. I like how you experimented with the backgrounds in each variation. My favorite was the photographed version because it looked so ordinary, like it was a scene out of a normal day. You seemed to be in your element as the man in the original Sargent painting seemed to be in his.