Creative Assignment #1- W. Graham Robertson

W_Graham_RobertsonW. Graham Robertson- John Singer Sarget(1894)

Time magazine cover*CLICK ON IMAGE FOR BETTER QUALITY*

GQ magazine cover-page-001*CLICK ON IMAGE FOR BETTER QUALITY*

Forbes Cover IDC CP#1*CLICK ON IMAGE FOR BETTER QUALITY*

1. sabrina

I really liked your re-creations of the boy in Sargent’s paintings put into “modern times” by placing him in magazines. It looks he actually belongs there because of his body pose and facial expression. Where you placed the figure it makes him look normal in those situations because of how you made the background.

2. Chris Angelidis

While I don’t think Sargent painted this portrait with the intension of it being featured on magazines, I am surprised by how well the poise and confidence of the subject transfers over to a magazine cover. Your subject does a good job of capturing that same demeanor. Each caption fits in with the model’s personality, tastes and age which I thought added to the message of the piece.

3. johncasella

Your adaptations were very well done! I appreciate the very noticeable thread through your pieces that show how young people are a serious driving force in our ever changing economy. Using revered magazines like “Time,” “GQ,” and “Forbes” added a heavy ethos to your adaptations; a whole new air of credibility jumps straight out at the viewer.