Mood Diary: On the Lam

1. anthonychen715

Matt, I really liked the background music as you were walking. I guess the shaking effect could mean your stress at college, and how we keep on journeying forth no matter what. The day you took the video at was perfect, overall it was a lively video, and I liked the end scene area.

2. Tan Yee Yeung

Canon in D, nice song choice. The music is so soft and calming, however the video is very fast paced and maybe a bit dizzy. You walked from school through Madison Square Park to Washington Square Park. This is a very creative mood diary. It really depicts life in New York City. You jay-walked through some red lights. There are people walking around you at all times. There are tall buildings. There are the symbolic New York yellow taxis. And of course Washington Square Park and Madison Square Park is a symbol for New York City.

3. Maxwell Sternberg

Wow, what a journey. I truly enjoyed that ride, walk, run, or whatever you would like to call it. Really amazing how you took the viewer directly through your own lens and perspective. The best part is that once we all see this through one lens, the interpretations can be limitless. I personally found this all to be a bit calming and relaxing. The music gives off a serene feeling. Additionally, I found the entire thing to be so diverse, with a variety of people, building, landscapes, streets, or anything else within the video. Good job!

4. chynellemenezes

I enjoyed this video a lot! It really depicts a day in the life of a New Yorker. Although sped up, we can see how different each setting is and how it comes on at a dizzying pace. Just when we’re used to one scene, another comes up. It’s also interesting to note the people that featured in the video. There was one girl in a beige backpack that was in front of you for quite a while, yet I doubt you’ll ever see her again. It’s amazing how many lives we pass by and never meet again in such a densely populated city. I liked seeing things from your perspective. It was very relatable but condensed so we can think about how much information we absorb every day without realizing.

5. Chris Angelidis

Matt I really enjoyed this time-lapse. Your use of Cannon in D as background music was a very sound decision. A cannon is a work where throughout the piece a central melody is played starting at different times by each of the voices. This repetition creates a sense of moving forward in time which is exactly what your time-lapse conveys as well. Overall, your presentation does well to remind us how lucky we are to be in the city. Art surrounds us everywhere here from inside parks, to stalls at fairs, to the buildings that line the streets. While it is easy to shut oneself off from one’s surroundings, doing so will only limit the experiences that can be found in the city. Instead it is beneficial to just go out each morning with an open mind, and explore; there is always new art to be found.

6. bensadighm

As New Yorkers, we all walk the similar routes that you creativity documented in this video, but it was pretty interesting to see this “commute” or “stroll” in retrospect and as a video. When I am actually walking through NYC, there’s usually SO much to look at that it often gets overwhelming and I end up missing out on several interesting sights, but this video allowed me to sit back and kind of take it all in! The music in the background was really empowering and fitting as well. I also liked how at the very end, the camera had somewhat “slowed down” from the walking, and took a pause to appreciate the scenery of Washington Square Park. Great work!!

7. johncasella

Wow! This must have taken a huge amount of dedication to hold your phone in place for that long. It was really interesting to explore your scope of Manhattan as you led us on a journey through a bunch of major attractions. How long did you end up walking, and how tired did your arm get? I don’t know if I could have done the same thing. Overall I think this was a really cool mood diary and it certainly showed the effort you put into it!