All Eyes on Paris : Mood Diary

1. Vincent Gangemi

To paraphrase William Shakespeare’s King Richard III, “the eye is the window to the soul.” It is really interesting to see your post in relation to the art we see this year because it focuses on something that art critics often overlook: the observer. Art at the end of the day is not about the piece itself, it is about the response it spurs in the viewer.

2. photographerkt18

I LOVE THIS! The collage really brings out current issues and highlight how art can be used to inform and inspire the public. Right now all eyes are on Paris due to the terrorist attacks that has the whole world terrified. Also, I love how you accentuate that saving people right now should be our number one priority. So many have suffered because of terrorism and it’s our job to help the victims as much as we can.

3. Zuzanna Osiecka

I absolutely love this idea. I think it is great that you related the project to what has recently happened in Paris because it is very similar to New York. Both of the cities are victims of terrorism yet full of beauty and art. Since people are focusing on what has happened in Paris, you could also be trying to convey the fact that people have diverted their attention from New York, the biggest target in the world. Especially with the recent “ISIS” video released showing suicide bombers and parts of Manhattan, maybe people should pay more attention to what happens in their own city.