Blurb 1

For one weekend in September the sidewalks of Sound Beach Avenue in Old Greenwich, CT turn into a showcase of artists’ work. People are given the opportunity to view, as well as purchase, beautiful paintings and photographs by various artists. On Saturday September 10th, many enjoyed the sunshine and warm weather as they strolled along Sound Beach Avenue, viewing and discussing beautiful art that lined the streets. I attended this 60th annual sidewalk art show where I viewed a wide array of paintings and photographs. I particularly enjoyed a photograph titled “Candy Apple Red”, taken by Joyce Grasco. The vivid red color of the candy apples along with its precise detail, provided an effect that made it seem as though these candy apples were indeed right in front of me! This event is one that differs from many others as it includes a myriad of styles and art. Whether one enjoys oil paintings, acrylic works, or perhaps photography, one can be sure to find, and perhaps bring home, one such beauty!