4 thoughts on “Zarif Mohammed Creative Work 1

1. Hey, I really enjoyed your collection of photos. After hearing the reason you had behind taking each of these photos if became apparent how much of a personal connection you had to them. I think the approach you had was great because it made the pictures very meaningful. I also think the transition from places in your town that make it unique to photos things that you enjoy was fitting and worked very well as it continued to contribute to the theme of personal connection. Nice work!

2. I really liked the exposé of the your neighborhood.I am also from the bronx and it was nice to see the houses, apartment buildings and street sides in a borough outside of manhattan. i particularly liked the shot of the kid going into the subway station. Its a really symmetrical picture and came out nice. you can see that the kid is in motion. Overall, an interesting piece.

3. I thought that your pictures really represented your neighborhood well. They allowed people who never saw it to have a sense of its appearance. I find it interesting, when compared to me neighborhood, how convenient your neighborhood is in terms of stores. I thought that you achieved your goal in your pictures of portraying your compact neighborhood.

4. Your pictures were some of the most interesting compositions of the day. While not necessarily aesthetically pleasing your pictures compared your neighborhood well and have a certain homely feeling that others lacked. Also, the arrangement presented one of the most unified themes than any of there other presentations, in its strict portrayal of your bronx (I believe) neighborhood. I enjoyed how you referenced several of your photos to fond childhood memories, and how you related them to the social fabric of your community.