Art On The Go – Blurb 4

Art on the Go

So you’re a New Yorker, you don’t have time to go somewhere and sit down to watch people perform for you. You’ve got places to go people to meet and things to see, after all time is money. But, while you’re traveling might very well be the greatest opportunity to witness art. If you’re lucky you can get on the train in Manhattan and sometime during your commute to your next destination artists will come on the train to perform for you. A few days ago I was one of these lucky New Yorkers. I was sitting on the Q-train bouncing my leg around impatiently waiting for the train to get me home quickly. But, at, I believe the stop was DeKalb Avenue, a few men about twenty years old walked into my subway car blasting music. I hoped it was performers for I’ve seen one before and luckily enough it was. They began playing music and taking turns performing incredible dance movements; leaping from pole to floor, doing flips and even moonwalking. They were a great group of dancers and I was impressed on how they were able to do it on a moving train. All in all the group gave us a great performance for the short time they were with us and I hope you have the chance to see a group like this on the subway one day. (And if you do try and give them a dollar they gave you a performance.)