Ivona Kulusic-Ho

Your Little Eyelids Flutter ‘Cause You’re Dreamin’
I Don’t Know Why All The Trees Change In The Fall

Each section of this project was created by me, Ivona Kulusic-Ho. I wanted to show the changes and losses we experience throughout childhood. The first image in the tryptic is “Your Little Eyelids Flutter ‘Cause You’re Dreamin” it was made with a pencil. I wanted to represent the simplicity of this type of relationship with the medium. Especially as a young child, we see things in a black and white nature, like good and evil. The second image, “I Don’t Know Why All The Trees Change In The Fall” is to capture the vibrancy of this age. It was created with oil pastels. Using vivid colors and stark contrast, I aimed to capture the excitement and joy children have. It is also a time of great change, which is why I set the image during the fall. The last slide, and my favorite, represent many themes learned in childhood: the loss of innocence and fear of change. I used paint to represent the “adult” mindset one gains after these core experiences. It is a key representation of growing pains and loss experienced on one’s journey to adulthood.