Hi Everyone!

I haven’t heard from any of the groups, so I’m assuming things are going smoothly.  However, if you find yourself with an issue you feel I can help you with, don’t hesitate to contact me. I can easily arrange for a virtual meeting if meeting in person proves impossible.

I also wanted to share a few take-aways from the  videos recently completed by  the other group I work with (also at Baruch). First, they all look great,  I also believe they could have been much stronger had they paid attention to:

1. Yes,  audio, you guessed it!  A common mistake is relying merely on listening to your audio when playing it back, but not paying attention the levels when editing. Look in the green area below each clip (this is the audio) and make sure levels are all in the same range, otherwise, when you play the video some parts can be very loud, while others very low.
  2. Speed!  Make sure you’re spending the right amount of time with each scene or clip. This includes video, stills and text!  Ask yourself, how long does it  take for someone to read this text? How long should this image stay on screen?  Consider how specific the time is to what you want to communicate. For example, if you have a text that is just one line, you will likely need it to stay on screen only for 7 seconds or so, versus one that is longer and with several numbers.

Hope you are all enjoying the process; I look forward to watching them.

denisse a.