Ivan’s photos

3 thoughts on “Ivan’s photos

1. Personally, I adore your 3rd photo ( and it’s obvious of me).
    Sleepless city with all its lights is magic, how can people always turn on lights in different buildings, and why there has never been a coincidence (has it?) of lights just in one part of a borough, while other is completely dark? At night everyone usually run back home to fall asleep or spend time in bars, whithout noticing it (yeaah…tourists are exeption). But really, what’s going on? – I suppose (oh dare I not to say what you’re actually thinking), you don’t have much time for these photos, so you do them in the evening (actually, I do the same). City lights has always been beautiful, but there is other stuff around, so I think the next step will be taking pictures of…. something else, or – from a different perspective.

2. The inspiration for these photos was from a friend of mine. One time he took me to his rooftop to show me the view of the city, and I fell in love with that scenic view. I decided to take a few pictures of Manhattan from his rooftop. Then, I decided to take more pictures of the city from other places in Astoria, such as Astoria park. I really enjoy taking pictures at night because the lighting adds an entirely new layer to each photo. I honestly don’t know what the next step should be, but maybe taking similar pictures during the day would be good to make a comparison.

3. The second week is entirely different, it’s cool how quickly Ivan was able to change the path ( I can compare to myself and that is always too hard for me). the building and blue sky photo is just great – the figure/organization of it makes it something you want to look at for couple of minutes (times). Actually, it may be interesting if you took pictures of architectural stuff more often – it’s interesting to see such things from your perspective.