2 thoughts on “Artful Week #1 9/7-9/14 photos

1. Hmmm, most of your photos focus on singular, physical objects. Vases, keys, toys, chandeliers. I may be wrong but it seems like most of these were taken in your house. There’s a couple shots of the skyline too though. When thinking about these photos I find it interesting not necessarily to look at what you photographed, but where. And then you kind of see where your values fall because of that. Where you spend your time, where you are when you’re tempted to capture a moment with a camera, etc. I’ve been taking most of mine on the subway, because I’m fascinated by it (diversity, interactions, etc). Do you feel the same way about home?

2. I never really responded about my first week of photos. What I really try to capture are the things around me. I believe that I must first appreciate the artful things I have that surround me. Like you said, I feel that the little objects around my house are a representation of my cultural values and traditions. On the surface they are just objects but I feel that all these objects tell a story about me and my interests. For example, the shoe keychain on my keys represents my Moroccan culture. The childish fish and blocks represents the part of me that is youthful and wants to create a meaningful connection with my two year old sister.