3 thoughts on “Manal’s 2 weeks of Artful photos

1. When reflecting on the pictures I took this past week, I cannot help but feel a very positive mood. I noticed that my pictures are all taken during the day time or where there is a bright light, which was unintentional. However, I believe reflects the person I am because I like to pay attention to my surroundings and I feel that more can be observed when there is light or illumination. A pattern with my pictures this week is that for the most part they are very colorful and have intricate design. For example, my shirt has all the sparkles, the cloth on the top row has many different colors, and the teapot handle cozy on the bottom right also has intricate design. The pictures do represent some part of my culture, because in Morocco tea is a very popular beverage which is why I have a teapot handle cozy. Food is also a big part of my culture, which explains the supermarket picture in the third row. For the next week I plan to take more pictures that relate to me or can identify with. I will not have a focus, I feel its best to let this last week be spontaneous.

2. I look at your photos and place them in two groups. Most of them are close shots of everyday objects. And they expose an intricate design (sparkles on the shirt, patterns on vases, fabric(?) design, keychains). Then there’s the cityscape, shots taken from far away that show a lot. I’m curious as to why you took the photo of the bus. Was it for the bus itself or for the moniker of the Phantom on the side? It seems to be your one photo that is shot from an average distance. Just curious. I like the close ups. I wonder if you could get even closer to the object, make it hard to identify, like a game. That idea grabs me, I’m not sure why.

3. I will take your close up suggestion into consideration. To answer your question about the bus, yes I did take the picture because of the Phantom ad on the bus. It was taken on 14th street and 9th avenue and I thought it would be interesting to take a photo of the advertisement because I think it reflects the interests of the people who live there. Buses and other modes of transportation all have different advertisments. For example, the 7 train has an ad for LaGuardia Comm College because that is one of the trains that goes to the college.